The Dyson Airwrap is a hair styling tool that uses air to style hair without extreme heat.It uses digital motors to generate a high-velocity jet of air that wraps hair around the tool's barrel, creating curls, waves, and other styles.
The Airwrap comes with several interchangeable barrels and brushes, allowing various styling options. It also has several heat and speed settings to give users more control over their styling.
With that said, check out this Dyson Airwrap review and our recommendation on the most affordable alternative to styling your hair, fuss-free.
Dyson Airwrap Pros And Cons
Pros of the Dyson Airwrap
- Gentle on hair: Dyson Hair Care Airwrap uses innovative technology to style the hair by utilising air instead of heat, making it a gentler alternative to traditional heat styling tools. This reduces the risk of heat damage to hair and provides a more gentle styling solution for those concerned about maintaining their hair's health.
- Versatile: With a range of attachments, the Airwrap can create a variety of hairstyles, from straight hair to tight curls, making it a versatile styling tool.
- High-quality: Dyson is known for producing high-quality products, and the Airwrap is no exception. The device is engineered to be durable and long-lasting.
- Customisable: The Airwrap has a range of temperature and speed settings, which allows users to customise their styling experience to suit their hair type.
- Technology: The Airwrap uses the enhanced Coanda airflow to style hair, a unique and innovative approach to styling. This technology allows the device to style hair without extreme heat, reducing the risk of heat damage.
- Results: Many people who use the Airwrap report that it delivers excellent results, with their hair's different lengths looking shiny and bouncy after styling. The device also has a range of temperature and speed settings, which allows for a customised styling experience.
Cons of the Dyson Airwrap:
- Price: The Dyson Airwrap Multi Styler is a bit pricier than other hair styling tools.
- Complexity: The Airwrap has a lot of attachments and settings, which can make it a bit complicated for some people, particularly those not used to heat styling their hair..
- Limited compatibility: The Airwrap is not compatible with all hair types, and some users report that it does not work well on very fine or limp hair.
- Not suitable for travel: The Airwrap is quite large and not designed for travel, which may be a drawback for people who are always on the go.
- Requires time: The Airwrap requires a bit of time to style hair, and it may not be the quickest option for people in a hurry.
Dyson Airwrap Attachments And Their Functions
The Dyson Airwrap Multi-Styler Complete provides a comprehensive styling solution with various attachments.
It is designed to work with the Airwrap, offering versatility and customisation in hair styling.The Dyson Airwrap comes with a range of attachments, each with its unique function:
The pre-styling dryer helps to dry hair quickly and prepares it for styling. It can be used on its own or with other attachments.
Soft Smoothing Brush
The soft smoothing brush is designed for fine, flat hair. It helps to smooth and straighten hair, creating a sleek and polished look.
Firm Smoothing Brush
The firm smoothing brush is designed for thick, curly, or frizzy hair. It helps to tame and smooth hair, reducing frizz and flyaways.
Volume barrel: The volume barrel creates volume and body in the roots, giving hair a lifted and bouncy look.
Reshape brush: The reshape brush helps to shape and define curls and waves. It can create a range of styles, from loose waves to tight ringlets.
- Curling barrel: The curling barrel creates defined, bouncy curls and helps to add shape to the hair.
Volume Shaping Brush
It's a brush that promises to create voluminous, smooth, and frizz-free hair.
It features a unique shape that allows for flexible styling and a combination of airflow and heat to give hair a body and shine.
Each attachment has a specific function and is designed to work with a specific hair type or style.
You can achieve the desired styling results by using the right attachment for your hair type.
- 1.2-inch Airwrap Barrel: This barrel creates loose waves in the hair.
- 1.6-inch Airwrap Barrel: This barrel creates loose curls in the hair.
- 2.4-inch Airwrap Barrel: This barrel creates tighter curls in the hair.
- 30mm Airwrap Barrel: This barrel creates tight ringlets in the hair.
- 30mm Barrel and Firm smoothing brush: This set is designed for customers with shorter hair and provides versatility in styling options.
With this set, you can create a variety of hairstyles to suit your desired look and achieve salon-quality results right at home.
Is Dyson Airwrap Worth It?
The Dyson Airwrap is a popular hair styling tool that uses air to style hair without extreme heat. It’s worth it depending on the individual preferences and needs.
Some people love the Dyson Airwrap for its unique technology and for allowing them to style their hair without damaging it with excessive heat. They also appreciate the variety of attachments that allow for multiple styling options.
Others, however, have noted that it can be expensive compared to other styling tools and that it takes time to learn how to use it effectively.
Some also find that it doesn't work well on all hair types and that the results can be inconsistent.
Ultimately, whether or not the Dyson Airwrap is worth it depends on the individual's budget, hair type, and styling needs.
What Is A Better Alternative For Dyson Airwrap?
The best alternative to Dyson Airwrap is one of Fii Beauty's bestselling scrunchie, Fii Cloud Curler.
The Fii Cloud Curler is the original scrunchie for curling hair. It uses a natural curling method that has been proven to work to make curls easily.
Here are the benefits of using Fii Cloud curler and who can benefit from it:
- Thin and damaged hair: Digital perms and curling irons can damage your hair's natural softness. Your hair will curl with the Fii Cloud Curler without getting tangled or breaking.
- Thick and straight hair: An inexperienced hairstylist will likely give you a bad perm that will last for a long time. With the Fii Cloud Curler, you can get that pretty curl without much work.
- Thick curling: Recommended for mid to long hair length to achieve big curls/ waves.
- Thin curling: Recommended for shoulder hair length to achieve medium curls/ waves.
Super Easy To Use Fii Cloud Curler
Here’s a 9-easy steps on how to use a Fii Cloud Curler:
- Step One: Brush your hair.
- Step Two: Gather your hair into a high ponytail at the crown of your head.
- Step Three: Loop your ponytail into the curler and make sure that the curling rod is facing the front and ensure that you start at either end of the curler before you start.
- Step Four: Bring your ponytail across the curler.
- Step Five: Loop your ponytail around the arch curler tightly and continue until the whole ponytail is wrapped up, with minimal ends sticking out.
Note:Ensure that only your ponytail is going in rounds, not the curler if not the bun will not turn out nicely done.
- Step Six: Hold the hair curled around the curler arch down firmly and grab the other end of the cloud curler like you would any other hair tie or scrunchie with your other hand.
- Step Seven: Twist the entire cloud curler in the figure of eight
- Step Eight: Then loop it over the curler with the curled hair to secure it into a comfortable bun at the crown of your head.
- Step Nine: That's it! You're done and ready to go!
For a more comprehensive guide on our cloud curlers & how to wear a scrunchie, refer to this!
Conclusion On Dyson Airwrap Review Singapore
Dyson Airwrap products can be very costly, and maybe tiresome for some users. But fret not! There’s an alternative and affordable way to style your hair wherever and whenever.
Fii Cloud Curler has emerged as a strong alternative to the Dyson Airwrap due to its similar functionality, versatility and affordability.
Both the Fii Cloud Curler and the Dyson Airwrap are designed to create bouncy, defined curls and waves with a smooth finish.
Fii Cloud Curler has the advantage of being significantly more affordable, making it a more accessible option for many people.
Additionally, the Fii Cloud Curler is also equipped with several attachments to cater to different hair types and styles, providing a personalised styling experience.
With its combination of affordability, functionality, and versatility, the Fii Cloud Curler is certainly worth considering as a top-performing alternative to the Dyson Airwrap.
No need to heat your curlers as this can damage your hair. Running late will no longer be a problem for a bad hair day. No need to wait for a few minutes for your curler to heat up!
You just have to do 9-easy and doable steps on the go!
Frequently Asked Questions On
Dyson Airwrap Review Singapore
How Much Does A Fii Cloud Curler Cost?
Price for the following Fii Cloud Curler are below:
- Thick and Thin Curlers - $55
- Twin Pack Curlers - $110
- Family Pack Curlers - $220
- Mega Pack Curlers - $330
Our scrunchie curlers are currently on sale! Shop now to learn more.
What Are The Fii Cloud Curlers Made Of?
Fii Cloud Curler is made with 100% Grade 6A 16 momme mulberry silk, OEKO-TEX® Certified.
This all-natural silk helps retain moisture and natural oil within your hair, leaving it hydrated and smooth as it reduces friction that causes tangles and breakage.
How Long Can You Use The Cloud Curler?
We recommend that you get a new Cloud Curler every three to six months, depending on how often you use it.
Is It Possible To Use Dyson Airwrap Daily?
Using the Dyson Airwrap every day is possible, but it is important to keep in mind that it is still a heat styling tool and can impact your hair's health over time.
Regular use of heat tools can lead to dryness, breakage, and split ends, so it is recommended to take breaks between styling sessions and use heat-protectant products to minimise damage.
Additionally, it is also a good idea to monitor the overall health of your hair and adjust the frequency of use accordingly.
Does My Hair Need To Be Wet To Start Styling?
Yes. For the best results, start with freshly washed hair. All of our brushes can be used on wet hair, but the barrels work best on damp hair