How to care for Silk
Wondering how to take care of your silk products? You're at the right page!
To ensure the longevity and keep the benefits of silk, it is best to wash them by hand.
1. Fill a basin with <= lukewarm water 30℃/86°F.
Fill a basin with <= lukewarm water 30°C/86°F is the ideal temperature for silk to be hand-washed.
2. Add a few drops of mild detergent for the silk delicates.
We recommend baby laundry detergents and other mild detergents when washing silk.
3. Let the silk item soak for three minutes.
Soak the silk item and leave it to soak for approximately three minutes.
4. Agitate the delicates around in the water.
Take the silk item and gently plunge it up and down in the water to move the water through the fabric and wash out any dirt or residue. This motion simulates the motion of a washing machine but is much more gentle.
5. Rinse the silk item <= lukewarm water (30℃/86°F).
Take the silk item out of the water and rinse the silk item under the clean water till it runs clear, and that all the soap have been washed out.
6. Use a towel to soak up water after the wash.
Use a clean white towel to soak up the moisture from your silk item, but don’t rub or wring it.
7. Hang dry if possible; however, avoid direct sunlight exposure.
It should be laid flat to dry. A drying rack basket recommended.